The annual RuntimeDNA sale has started with over 2000 items at 50-70%
off until 02-Dec-2012.
While there are few Carrara specific items, there is one must have app
for every Carrara user:
The P3dO Explorer pro 2.4.6 at 50% off, the only file explorer with
Carrara, Poser and Daz Studio 3D model viewing support:
“P3dO is a Runtime library manager & 3D viewer for Poser, Daz Studio
P3dO is a 3D viewer and browser for above 30 3D and 40 pictures formats.
P3dO for Poser has been around for more than 12 years. It is a rich
easy to use Explorer-ish browser and has many unique features you will
not find anywhere else.”
– Carrara Thumbnails
– Carrara Thumbnails Editor
– Carrara Explorer – is similar to Poser Explorer. List a Carrara file
content (textures), highlight missing files, show Textures thumbnails.
– Carrara Runtimes support – is similar to Poser Runtimes support
(shortcuts to various Runtimes).
– HDR / HDRI pictures viewing.
More details about the Carrara functions at:
Buy P3dO Explorer pro at
Official homepage of P3dO Explorer pro at:
CarraraCafe page with a bio of Laurent, the creator of P3dO Explorer pro:
Thanks to 3drendero activity, developers can again have an access to Carrara SDK! 🙂
In the turbulent transition to the new forum and new store at DAZ3D, the SDK
(Software Development Kit) for Carrara 8 went MIA (Missing in Action).
While things get sorted out at DAZ3D.com, those interested in making
new plugins for Carrara can find the SDK right here at CarraraCafe in
the Downloads and Utilities section.
The SDK includes 2 manuals covering over 250 pages and more than 20 examples.
Direct link to the Carrara 8.1 SDK 52Mb file:
Working links to older SDKs:
The free version of Visual Studio is available here, more info and downloads:
3drendero is fast as lightning, here is what he spotted:
The free Carrara plugin PyCloid for particle simulation has been
updated to version 0.2 beta and now supports fluid simulation.
Frederic “f1oat” Rible has also included support for multicore CPUs
and a lot more:
Many new features :
– particles collision with scene objects
– tube geometry along particle path
– fluid simulation
– isosurface geometry
– new sample files
– multi-core CPU support
Some useful tips about the beta version are available on the forum
Promotional videos for PyCloid 0.2:
The PyCloid homepage:
The f1loat page here at CarraraCafe with more information about
Frederic, PyCloid and PyCarrara:
Once again 3drendero reports some interesting news for those who would like to get a copy of Carrara:
The Platinum Club Grand Finale sale has just become the biggest sale of the year for Carrara.
All Carrara 8 versions are a whopping 70% off and many plugins are
also at 70% off.
With the new coupons you can also get another 25$ off when purchasing
items for more than 100$,
or 20$ off for purchases above 50$ or 5$ for purchases above 30$.
Carrara 8 versions, recommending Pro of course:
Plugins at 70% off:
More sale items here, including shaders and hair for Carrara:
Other bundles that are not directly Carrara items, but include Carrara shaders:
More info about the PC 10 year anniversary sale including the new coupons:
More and updated info available in the Daz3D forum thread with the
Carrara specific sale items:
3drendero reports that there is a new plugin available by Fenric that will help you import and handle new Poser figures in Carrara 8!
Here is what 3drendero says:
One of the best Carrara plugin developers, Fenric, has just released a
new free Carrara plugin called Poser Weightmap Injector.
“This is a pair of utilities to facilitate importing weight-mapped
Poser figures into Carrara.
This is a multi-step process, and is not guaranteed to work for every figure.
Instructions are included in the ZIP file.”
Download from: http://fenric.com/wordpress/store/products/poser-weightmap-injector/
Requirements: Weightmapped Poser figure like Miki4 or TylerGND, Poser
Pro 2012 SR2 and Carrara 8 (unknown if earlier Carrara versions are
Some useful tips from Fenric and renders from Orion_Uk are available
in this thread at Daz3D, especially for the new Miki4 and TylerGND
Miki4 and TylerGND are free for a limited time for Poser9/Pro2012 customers at:
Other commercial plugins from Fenric at the Daz3D store:
Other free plugins and items from Fenric at ShareCG:
CARRARA 18.104.22.168 is the latest Beta Build!
We are making this build available for $0.00 as a store item CARRARA 22.214.171.124 Beta You can run the production build of Carrara 8.1 side by side with this Beta build. Just don’t uninstall 8.1 version when you install this beta release.
The purpose of providing this build is for you to see the progress we are making, see how Genesis looks in Carrara, see the new features we’ve added and provide input on the changes. You can also see the list of bug fixes below. This list identifies issues that were logged in the bug tracker and highlights many of the other fixes in this build.
New in Carrara 8.5:
1. Support for imported Genesis .dsf files (best used with DAZ Studio 126.96.36.199 or newer installed).
2. Character presets can be applied. Go to the Instance Tab, select the 2nd Genesis listed in the tree or the Actor line, and double click the character from the list. If the one of these items is not selected, an additional figure will be loaded with that character applied.
3. New Parameters Pane and user experience
4. Carrara 8.5 Parameter Pane. If you are familiar with the Parameters Tab (with the Genesis figure) in DAZ Studio 4, the equivalent to Carrara 8.5 is the Parameter Pane which is accessed by selecting the second Genesis from the list.
5. Shaping in Parameters Pane. If you are familiar with the Shaping Tab in DAZ Studio 4, the equivalent for Carrara 8.5 can be accessed by selecting the Actor line from the tree in the Instance Pane.
6. Content Management System or CMS connection to utilize the DAZ Studio database (requires DAZ Studio 188.8.131.52 or newer recommended to be installed). We are looking into a project to install the CMS for Carrara without the need of DAZ Studio. So for the Carrara customers not using DAZ Studio they can still take advantage of the new system. More information will be coming.
7. AutoFit is included in Carrara 8.5
8. Fit To (auto generates Genesis morphs) for Genesis designed clothing
9. Restore Figure tools
10. Memorize tools
11. Zero Figure tools
12. Smart Content Tab (shows all the content with meta data organized similarly to DAZ Studio’s Smart Content Tab)
13. New SubD / Smoothing tool (display the smoothing slider of smoothed vertex object in the assemble room)
14. Improved Bullet Physics for soft body simulation
15. aniBlock importer has been updated and fixed for Carrara 8.5
16. Mac OSX Lion support has been implemented
17. Geo grafting has been implemented and we continue to work on this feature
18. New Light Icons to better represent the lights, the controls have also been improved.
19. DUF Files from DAZ Studio are now supported in Carrara 8.5 however, DUF material presets do not always apply textures to the selected figure.
If you are seeing issues please log the bugs in the bug tracker: DAZ BUG Tracker
Changes since the last beta build include:
Rendering : Fixed #0045322 : Fixed too blurry texture when using Gaussian filtering
Rendering : Implemented : Optimized Gaussian filtering speed
Rendering : Fixed #0045322 : Fixed too blurry texture when using Fast Mip-Map filtering
Rendering : Implemented : Optimized Fast Mip-Map filtering speed
Carrara : Fixed #0046807 : Fixed camera “Set Position To” undo issue
Carrara : Fixed #0046163 : Fixed splat primitive bounding box size
Carrara : Fixed #0046803 : Fixed camera popup list update issue when renaming a camera
Carrara : Fixed #0046824 : Fixed deadlock with projection shader and displacement
Carrara : Fixed #0046825 : Fixed crash when opening the scene attached to this bug report
Carrara : Implemented : Updated French translation
Mac : Implemented : Implemented sleep function
DSF : Fixed #0046510 : Fixed grafting rigidity crash
DSF : Fixed #0043643 : Fixed morphs issue on some content
DSF : Fixed : Fixed crash with conforming when the object does not have any geometry
DSF : Fixed #0044491 : Fixed issue with bulge
DSF : Fixed #0046451 : Fixed corruption issue with autofit and conforming
What you need to know about this build:
1. If you get a Duplicate ID error, please reset your download for the content and try reinstalling. If the issue persists please place it in the Content Project of the bugtracker (http://bugs.daz3d.com) as we believe we have fixed all of those.
2. Pz2 material Presets do work on Genesis and Triax Content, to include content that has been auto-fit to Genesis now.
3. PZ2 Poses do apply to Genesis but it is not recommended and if the pose has translations on the feet or hands those will need to be zeroed.
4. DAZ Studio184.108.40.206 minimum, (4.5 RC2 recommended) must be installed prior to running Carrara 8.5 in order to use Genesis or the Smart Content Tab.
5. If new content with meta data is installed, DAZ Studio will need to be started in order to get the smart content into the CMS database.
6. V4/M4/K4 shaders will not work on Genesis and will have to be manually built.
7. Our development team is working on the tools to transfer data from DAZ Studio 4 to Carrara using our new file format.
8. Included Tree presets may not look the same as they did in Carrara 7, we are looking into this currently.
9. Adding IK to genesis works correctly and as expected, Genesis doesn’t load with IK. (In either DS or Carrara)
10. Mimic fixes have been implemented for Gen 4 and earlier.
11. Mimic and Mimic Pro for Genesis is fixed and will be made available to those who have purchases this.
12. Plugins for the previous builds of 8.0 are expected to work with this version.
13. The CMS service is not embedded in this installer. You will need to have installed DS 4.0.3+ “with Content” to be able to use that functionality.
How do I get this updated Beta Build of Carrara 8.5?
Carrara 220.127.116.11 Beta
To register the Carrara 8.5 Beta you will need to use the serial code listed here: CDZCPRO-085-0000021-XZX-001-EBTOLKY (Expires July 14th 2012)
About Mimic Pro and this build:
If you own Mimic Pro and want to start using it with Genesis, you’ll need to download a build just for Carrara 18.104.22.168. You will NOT want to use this with your 8.1 build of Carrara. It won’t work with both builds. However, if you install the new version in a different location, you can continue to have both versions on your machine. The same serial number will continue to work for both builds. The DMC files are also included in this new version of Mimic Pro and will work with Genesis.
C3DE just went mobile!
Check out the site on your phone or tablet and easily read any issue of C3DE on your device 🙂